We’re working on our Monsters roster, we have a huge list, some will make the cut and some won’t, depending on their interest gameplay-wise.
But we decided to draw them all anyway, so let’s have a monstruous summer together !
I’m not telling who’s who, because we’ll have a little contest at the end 😀
We’ve hit the Alpha 4 of Machiavillain.
It’s still an Alpha and we have a long way to go, but we have added some features:
– New interface that doesn’t heavily use the right click.
– Tree manager: you can chop trees to get some wood. Trees grow and can become evil if they are close to a spiritual energy source.
– Resources like stone and wood used to build walls, floors,… instead of gold.
– Monster merchant is coming from the road in his carriage now.
– Text overlay to describe furniture.
– Victims run away when they see a monster, not just when they are attacked (more challenge).
– first agressive enemy: Giant spiders on the map
-> Attack the player’s monsters
-> Throw webs on ground that slow down the creatures
-> Can throw webs at creatures to immobilize them temporarily
-> Event: 1 spider enters the mansion (train the player for the combat system)
Some research for a Merchant and a potential PR specialist (for the ads):
We’re not sure if we’ll use any of those in the end, but I have to admit I’m specially fond of the Capitalist Corgi…
Which one(s) do you like ?
We have two different types of visitors to the manor: “victims”, and “hunters”.
Victims are basically food, and in a management game like MachiaVillain, it’s best if food doesn’t completely randomly drop by or not.
So we found a way for players to have a say in when and who drops by: advertisement !
The first step would be to build a printing press, and publish your own journal:
You can ask for random visitors (NB: the prices are also random we have to balance them), or attract certain type of victims if you have specific furniture.
For instance, you might want to attract geeks and their big braaaains if you have hungry zombis at home
If we can spend some extra time on it, we’d like to add the possibility to have custom ads, with pictures taken and text written by players.
We’re also considering other advertisement venue (road signs, more modern media), we’ll tell you more about them asap !
And if you don’t want to miss the Kickstarter campaign coming soon, you can join the mailing list !