An artwork of Machiavillain was exposed at the Fabre’s Museum during the exposition Video Game Art!
This exposition is finished, but the collection is visible again this week-end at the Castle of Castries (october 17-18, south of France near Montpellier).
If you are in the neighborhood don’t miss it
The Artwork is a hommage to the Creature of the Black Lagoon and is in the middle of an 80 artworks collection.
Guess where it is !
So far in the game we had nice trees, gently swaying in the wind, waiting to get the axe…
But Horror Movies taught us a forest is a scary place, full of menacing trees with roots that are an inescapable tripping hazard, occasional stumps coming from Hell, and plenty of hidden creatures.
It’s been a while! We focused on the game and we have a lot to catch up here!
Let’s start with our Monster Hunter.
Giant radioactive Spiders are not the only creatures hostile towards the player’s monsters in the game anymore.
Scared victims escaping or being killed in the open will raise the Suspicion.
A high level attracts Monster Hunters: they’re ruthless, skilled, well armed, tenacious and they won’t be easily fooled…
Hunters have goals to reach before they leave the mansion: either search the mansion for a certain amount of time or kill a given number of monsters.
In both case, they will try to kill any monster they encounter.
So far we have one generic Hunter type, but once we’re done with the bases of all the main features we’ll come back to them.
We’ve hit the Alpha 4 of Machiavillain.
It’s still an Alpha and we have a long way to go, but we have added some features:
– New interface that doesn’t heavily use the right click.
– Tree manager: you can chop trees to get some wood. Trees grow and can become evil if they are close to a spiritual energy source.
– Resources like stone and wood used to build walls, floors,… instead of gold.
– Monster merchant is coming from the road in his carriage now.
– Text overlay to describe furniture.
– Victims run away when they see a monster, not just when they are attacked (more challenge).
– first agressive enemy: Giant spiders on the map
-> Attack the player’s monsters
-> Throw webs on ground that slow down the creatures
-> Can throw webs at creatures to immobilize them temporarily
-> Event: 1 spider enters the mansion (train the player for the combat system)