Hello, we still mixing news about Freaking Meatbags and Machiavillain, sorry! But we have something huge to announce:
Greetings once again, fleshy life forms! WildFactor is proud to announce its futuristic real time strategy game Freaking Meatbags has defeated Steam Early Access and is now a full-fledged game! To celebrate the milestone, the team is pushing out a massive update that adds tons of new features, including a totally revamped DNA mixing system, a new boss, and new equipments for meatbags to use. The update is so groundbreaking it’s called “Philae“, named after the little robot currently sitting on a comet in outer space.
– Revamped DNA system with hundreds of alien/human combinations.
– Seven new genes to get all splice-happy with.
– Equip meatbags with jetpacks, hoverboards and… ROCKET LAUNCHERS!
– Stick humans in towers to power-up the buildings. Because of science.
– Overclocking ability lets you see the world in slow-mo.
– Brand new boss that jumps around a lot. Shhh, that’s all we can say!
– Hidden zombie planet. Go ahead, try to find it.
– Over 50 gameplay, sound and interface improvements.
Take a look at the new video, featuring lots of new things that go boom:
we are going to make a comic strip about us and monsters living together in Machiavillain.
Cohabitation is not easy !
This is the first two strips:
For holiday season we were supposed to take a short break, but we seem to be unable to stop thinking about the game ! We’re mostly brainstorming about non-core gameplay stuff, like the field: Machiavillain starts with a sizeable ground to freely build your evil mansion, but we’d like to add some random elements to the (until now) blank field to keep the beginning of the game a bit “fresh”.
So far we’re considering:
-cemetery: source of ghost/spirit energy
-regular forest/evil forest : good to harvest evil wood to build traps… or maybe just to get twigs, because you know the visitors will find a way to trip on them XD
Forests could also randomly hide special monsters (Chupacabra, Wendigo, …). They could be foe (steal/scare your prey away) and/or be convinced to join your party.
-road: the map may have 1 to 3 maybe ? More roads means victims will have an easy access to the mansion (I always feel a bit psycho when I write “victims” XD), but on the down side, so will monster hunters later in the game.