Every victim stays at home. No one to rob, no one to kill, no fun. Our evil minions were sad…
So we needed to do something!
That’s why our team has decided to donate all of Wild Factor’s May 2020 profits from the sale of Machiavillain to organizations fighting Covid!
And with that,
the plague update:
We added the survival kit during this difficult time:
Always have one at hand when you cut yourself while shaving.
Looks cool on you when you do evil stuff.
– The virus event has been deactivated.
– You can get food poisoning now if you eat food that went bad. Keep your human flesh fresh!
– Fix enemy spam to map border sometimes blocked.
– Fix pathway can no longer replace the regular floor (unless you demolish it first).
– Fix dig rock not working on a particular rock position.
– Fix food go bad level transfer during a split.
– Fix load save bug (electricity build on map border).
– Fix load save bug (task not init).
If you find any bug, please send us a message with the ingame feedback button on the lower right of the screen. Don’t forget to fill at least the title. Thanks!
– The impressive Finger of Evil! A machine that gives you the power to generate lightning! You can zap victims, heroes or even your own minion to make them go faster.
– Batteries, wood generators, treadmill generators, wires.
– Tesla coils to electrocute your enemies.
– Alarm and Presence sensors (to activate/deactivate alarm).
– Lightning rod (to get electricity from thunder and protect your mansion)
– Mobile phone jammer. Don’t let your victim call for help!
– Electric door (closed when powered by electricity).
– Some furniture now need electricity. Candles need to be lit by your minion.
– Reduce the cost of things that need electricity.
– Succubus: Sucks the life out of your enemies.
– Custom map: configure a map to your will.
– Difficulty level: normal, hard very hard, so you can play casual, or scream all the way.
– You can dig graves to get ancient artefacts or wake up more-or-less friendly monsters!
– Dead monsters leave a grave behind.
– Better sounds: more than 100 new sound FX.
– Click on an item in the inventory to select it and focus on it (finding weapon).
– Improved sound spatialization.
– Be able to reorder the crafting queue.
– Be able to configure your minion IA (Aggressive, Defend, Neutral)
– Be able to change sleep and feed priorities (in the Task manager)
– Double click on the monster list, make the camera follow him.
– Display zone covered by lights.
– Reduce game size (-80 mo download size).
– Bug: Achievement: killing a hero not counted correctly.
– Bug: Event “give brain” doesn’t come back.
– Bug: music volume not 0 when restart game.
– Bug: hypnotized people should still be able to be attacked by minions
– Bug: skeleton turrets shoot at victims even when a wall is blocking line of sight.
– Bug: dogs seem to be ignoring the fire hydrant.
– Bug: if you have 2 rows of minion portraits, their portraits will cover the popup notifications on the screen.
– Bug: if you have enough minions to scroll down in the job board, the lowest minion is difficult to see coz they’re covered by the menu graphics.
– Bug: heroes seem to have stopped spawning when I reached high suspicion. it says “villagers are aware of my murderous activities!” but no angry village mob is showing up, no heroes are showing up either.
– Bug: Activate. dr. frankenstein just humps the targeted minion but nothing happens.
– Bug: Remove the Evilium in gold storage containers.
– Bug: hypnotized minions (ie: hypnotized by the vampire in vacation event) are taken out of the roster, but you can “hire” them again to stop the hypnosis, although they give everyone else the “saw a minion die” loyalty debuff.
– Bug: I’m still not getting the “kill virgin last” bonus, I only get a reward for “kill them when alone” bonus.
– Bug: When a monster is blocked (surrounded by walls), other monsters stop working.
– Bug: Lamps light the room even when not yet plug to electricity done
– Bug: AutoSave doesn’t seem to work (need to test it in standalone build).
– Bug: Detector switch needs to be white when not built (configure gamespritecolor) – When the alarm is not built, the flag should not be displayed.
– Bug: Fog of war setting loaded at the wrong time.
– Bug: Fix treadmill display bug.
– Bug: Fix maintain craft stop after a load.
– Bug: Build several object Energy on each other.
– Bug: Fix when resource to craft are not accessible.
– Bug: Victim saw the minions through the wall or closed door
– Bug: Victims are scared because there is no light
– Bug: Phone jammer active even when not powered,
– Bug: Moving rotating wall, erasing wall build preview.
– Bug: Remove afraid no light on door map cell.
– Bug: Fix light for candle or after some loading.
– Bug: Electric door bug, when in front of a victim door.
– Bug: Victims could see twice a trap from other room and get stuck.
– Bug: Dog barking sound doesn’t stop.
– Bug: Bug TV bad cooldown
Dear fellow Villains,
the electricity is not yet ready, but we made a lot of bug fixes and some improvement based on your feedback 🙂
So we thought it would be nice to release it before the next content update.
– Buttons to demolish/cancel action (with shortcut).
– Autosave limit the quantity and frequency.
– Add [select all] button.
– Increase gold storage capacity from 500 to 700 Increase Wood normal/evil capacity from 600 to 800.
– Every monster can get a weapon and to compensate psychopath cooldown for weapon is divided in half.
– Esc key bring the setting menu.
– Button to start/stop tasks (Fight/working mod) on individual monster.
– New event manager (virus events shouldn’t be close).
– Post office closing during the night (your minion won’t bring letter and cross a victim path).
– Clown reworks (don’t scare victims).
– Victims enter map with bleeding status.
– Victims appears at the bottom left corner after a load.
– Victims not arriving after load.
– Day counter blocked after a load.
– Some mobs respawn after a load.
– Monsters don’t bring letters to storage.
– A Push trap placed next to a rotatable wall trap will not push the human when he passed the rotatable wall.
– Mad scientist Achievement unlocks retro compatibility old save.
– Spam email counter is displayed in reverse.
– Rat of the event mystical chest fight each other.
– Dogs can use phones.
– Victims get costume cook after a load.
– Time /day stops increasing.
– Dog increase suspicion when they leave the map.
– Esc key bug on fight skill points distribution screen.
– Hypnotize victim don’t phone and are not scared.
– Minion’s face doesn’t change after recruiting it.
– Music change when food merchants.
– Body part going through walls (and may scare victims).
– Weapons added back to the enemy after a load.
– Hero doesn’t drop weapons.
– Victim sometimes sees minions through the walls.
– Can’t attack when the target is on a bed.
– Poison of the gaz master doesn’t work on victims.
– Merchant sound on arrival can’t be heard from far.
– Feedback messages when victims are scared overlay when there is more than one.
A big ‘thanks’ to all of you who helped us making an incredible launch of Machiavillain possible. We really are happy many of you enjoy the game so much!
Besides the many positive messages we also received reports that our minions still need to fix some bugs. Thank you,those reports are very helpful.
Joking aside, truth is some bugs would have already been patched, but Murphy’s law struck.
Some of you might already know, we are a team of 2, one dev/coder (Alexandre) and one artist (Zimra).
After weeks of extremely hard work leading up to release, the day of the launch, Alexandre’s eyes became extremely painful, and we had to go to the emergency room. He had to have a light surgery and he has trouble seeing for now. He is going to get better, but sadly in the meanwhile he can’t code.
We have hired coders to fix the bugs until he’s back. It takes longer as they have to get to know the code. We are sorry for the delay.
We have released 2 patches, and we’re working on the third.
If you have any suggestions, or if you encounter a bug, you can send us a bug report with game data just by clicking on the “Send feedback” button (bottom right) with a short description in the title (so we can pinpoint the problem), it will help solving the issue, thank you!
Thank you for your patience and understanding and your amazing support!
We’re sending the latest version of the game (Alpha 6) to our Kickstarter backer today!
As usual, let us know what you think, your feedbacks and suggestions with private message, mail or carrier bat!
Hello dear Villains,
– Bedtime! Advanced beds boost your monster caracteristics when he sleeps (coffins increase resistance to curse, toxic bed increases resistance to poison, etc). – New advertising system: you can send one ad every day. Also now your monsters have access to computers to send spam, the evilest things you can do. – Varied diet! New kind of victims: parents with kids, tourists with cameras, and dentists shaped like teeth!
Talking about diet: victims can starve now.
– Gruesome work: Functional factory with 2 benches and new resources (metal plate, brick, gold nuggets, cog,…)
– Gooey!GUI improvements:
New zone system: select the zone you want your monster to clean the blood or extinguish the fire. Map showing the level of prestige and evilness of your mansion.
And more (more tooltips, loyalty gauges, 2 levels of disloyalty: anger then rage, icon displaying the number of days of food left, link to the wiki in progress,…)
Have a terrific Halloween,
Alexandre & Rachel
Bonjour chers Vilains,
NOUVELLE VERSION !
Nous envoyons une nouvelle version du jeu (Alpha 6) aujourd’hui !
Comme d’habitude n’hésitez pas à nous faire part de votre avis, idées, souhaits, soucis par mail, message sur Kickstarter ou chauve-souris !
– Lits avancésles lits spéciaux améliorent les compétences des monstres pendant leur sommeil (le cercueil améliore la résistance aux malédictions, le lit toxique rend plus résistant aux poisons, etc)
– Encart publicitaire:nouveau système, vous pouvez choisir une publicité à envoyer chaque jour. Et avec les ordinateurs vos monstres pourront envoyer des spams (si c’est pas horrifique, ça).
– Régime alimentaire varié:avec de nouvelles victimes: des familles, des touristes, et des dentistes ! Il est possible d’affamer vos victimes.
– Travail manuel: deux bancs de fabrication et de nouvelles ressources (pépites d’or, plaques de métal, rouages,…)
– Amélioration de la GUI:
Nouveau systèmede zone:sélectionnez les zones à nettoyer et/ou où éteindre le feu “Cartes”: montrant le niveau de prestige et de vilainie de votre manoir Et autres améliorations(plus de tooltips, de jauges de loyauté, 2 niveaux de déloyauté: colère puis rage, icon présentant le nombre de nourriture restante, lien vers le wiki en construction,…).
– Fighting system: Each minion has strength, dexterity, mind and endurance. Those characteristics influence the power of your minion as well as some attack effects condition.
Minions gain XP when fighting and you can use skill points to unlock new attacks or make them stronger.
– New monsters: Doctors Frankenstein! because every monster crew needs its syringes throwing crazy scientists.
Psychic killer tires! It’s a thing. Look it up.
– Level up:Your minions progress on each task they’re doing.
– The sound of murder:We have a composer working on music exclusive to the game!
– Tons of ergonomic/GUI improvement:
Drop down menu, listing all actions possibles instead of doing only the default one.
Highlights of objects before selecting them .
Progression circle on all important tasks.
Info on what rocks contain (metal, gold, or stone).
Display quantity of object in the storage panel.
Display fight target (red arrow line).
Hunters Info panel with theirs fighting.
More overlay info.